- August 2011
On August 28, 2011, St. Fidelis Church celebrated the 100th anniversary of the completion of the building of the current church known as "The Cathedral of the Plains." A Centennial Planning Committee was put together and members met often since early in 2006. Since the groundbreaking for the church began in November of 1908 and the final construction was completed in August of 1911, the Committee decided to hold a series of celebrations leading up to the grand celebration in August 2011.
The offiicial 100th Anniversary logo (shown above right) was created by Jordan Ottley of Victoria, Kansas. His design was the winning entry in a Centennial Logo Design Contest held in October 2007.
* * Centennial Events * *
Logo Design Contest
Ground Breaking Celebration
Laying of the Cornerstone Celebration
First Ringing of the Bells Celebration
Dedication of the Cathedral of the Plains Celebration